Just a few minutes from the Adobe Inn is one of Southwestern Colorado’s favorite family ski resorts, Durango Mountain Resort. Atop the snowy crests of Durango Mountain Resort you’ll have a spectacular view of the Needles and La Plata Mountain Ranges. The mountain’s terrain offers trails for all skiing abilities whether you’re a beginner or a black diamond dare devil.
Within minutes of durango you will find three major Skiing Resorts:
1. Chapman Hill Ice Arena & Ski Area
- Just minutes from Durango, Chapman Hill offers skiing, as well as, an ice arena where the whole family can enjoy ice skating.
2. Ski Hesperus
- Step back in time to the 50's at Ski Hesperus and experience old world family and night skiing!
3. Durango Mountain Resort
At Durango Mountain Resort you’ll find it all!
- 1200 acres of skiable terrain
- 85 Trails
- 11 Ski Lifts
- Several on-mountain amenities
- Cross-country skiing
- Sleigh rides
- Ski Bike America Festival
- Dave Spencer Ski Classic
- Wolverton Telemark Festival